Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Marta: Day 7: 29 Faces in September "Marta"

Day 7 has been a very interesting experience.  Nothing is what it seems.  I started a drawing in what I thought was graphite, black and white, simple enough.  Turns out I was using an Eagle 314 draughting pencil that I had purchased in a bunch of art supplies at a yard sale some time ago.  I decided to add a little General's Sketch and Wash shadow area, and every time I touched the paper, it turned purplish blue, like a blue print color.  It bleeds like water color pencils, and is kind of fun to use, but don't bother trying to find them online because they are a vintage item, no longer made by anyone.  So I used a lot of watercolor pencil and water and made the portrait.  Then when I went to scan it, my scanner would only scan a portion of the painting, and on an angle at that.  So I guess I like it.  Haven't decided yet.

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely painting. I like the purple wash, you could be on to something new here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that purplish-bluish color. And the angle of the face looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will treasure my draughting pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. The unexpected element makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!