Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Art News 4/20/13: A Scholarship, a Cat, 2 Pigs, a baby & Art Abandonment

What have I been up to lately? Well . . . It's been a busy week.

My daughter Gina M, The Go To Artist, won a nice scholarship in a ceremony last night at Pasadena City College . . . 


. . . and I dropped off my 2nd Art Abandonment Piece which we pinned to a locker at the college.  

It's a tiny 2.5" x 3.5" canvas with a painting of flowers in a vase and includes its own easel for display.  I do one a month, when I find the perfect place to leave it.


I finished the cat I have been working on as a present for my son, Tony and his wife Teri.  He never reads my blog so it won't spoil the surprise.  Mailing it tomorrow.

I finished Nestor the Pot Bellied Pig so he can go on auction at Ebay next week, if he doesn't sell in Daily Paint Works.  

This week's pig auction is Kaylee and she is really funny looking.  I paint one pig a week for Ironwood.
All of the money gets donated to Ironwood Pig Sanctuary, and so far since starting this project March 1, 2013, over $500 has been donated to help the more than 600 pigs they shelter there.

I am sending one of my little watercolor ATC cards to a lady overseas in Britain who just had a baby and a group I am in is having a virtual baby shower for her.  Luckily I had this card left over from one I did for Nibblefest Last month.

So that reminds me that I submitted 3 paintings today to Nibblefest today for April NFAC - all starting at 99 cents.  See my Ebay Auctions to bid on these.


Looking UP, watercolor 5 x7


Looking Up Again, watercolor 5 x 7

Magical Forest, Acrylic on Masonite Board, 9 x 12

I think that's all.






1 comment:

  1. My goodness your busy, and is wonderful. Congratulations to your daughter. I love the pigs! Beautiful flower for the art abandonment...lucky person who finds that. I also love the idea of virtual shower...how fun. As always I love it all and want to check it all out. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!