Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Artomat Blocks, 100 ready to ship, PPF

Painted Posies and Painted People for Artomat 
100 Blocks done.  Painted with acrylic, varnished, wrapped in cellophane and ready to ship.

This week I finished 100 Artomat Blocks. They are only 2x3 inches, even smaller than ACEO cards. The 50 Posies in Pots are done and I just finished 50 Painted People.  I then attached them to wooden blocks, glued on my business card, wrapped them in cellophane and will ship them off to Clark this week. Since I have been doing these over the last couple of years, I paint faster and more confidently. Such fun! They will be sold in Artomat Refurbished Cigarette Machines all over the US and AU. I have done several hundred so far, and look forward to doing many more.

50 Painted People, The Process:

First I basecoat the wooden pieces with gesso. People have whitebackgrounds and posies have black backgrounds, for the most part. Depends. Then I sketch out the figures, put clothes on them and add liner work with permanent pen and sometimes some white ink. They evolve as I am painting them. They all have a story to tell, and hopefully the person who gets each one out of the Artomat.org machines will be able to relate to the figures and their narrative.  I don't write the stories.  I just paint the pictures.  The purchaser has to be the storyteller.







50 Painted Posies, Flowers in Pots.








10 comments:

  1. Wow! They're wonderful and there's so many of them! I think they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over to the Artomat site. My goodness me! Your paintings are amazing, so many, so different and so fascinating. What an interesting project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great variety Penny!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Awesome job on all. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all your paintings - but the people are my favorites. They have so much motion in such a small canvas. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's amazing! I've never heard of this. Thanks for sharing this. I love both the people and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look amazing all together like that... I really love the groupings of floral paintings... beautiful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am just over awed by the sheer volume of work! Each one is gorgeous in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too amazing! Your one prolific artist Penny! So love the posies but they are all great! Enjoy the creativity.

    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are all fantastic and impressive in number. I am especially brightened by your posies. :)

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!