Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Past Her Prime, A Real Old Doll

"Past Her Prime: A Real Old Doll," 12x16 Acrylic
This was a fun one! I was inspired by a contest on EBSQart.com to paint a doll. I searched the internet and found a free reference photo on morguefile.com 
The hair was done with heavy body white structural acrylic paint impasto style and the cracks in her arms and face were done with Crackle Medium. I used an old 12x16 canvas board that I had painted on before, so it had lots of texture. I added more brush strokes with heavy acrylic and then painted the doll on top of that. It gave the whole thing lots of texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!