Penny StewArt's Links

Friday, September 15, 2017

#30paintingsin30days Challenge half way done. PPF

The 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge 
Started Sept 1. Half Way Done

You can see my 15 paintings on Craftylady.com. I post one every day and also Tweet, Instagram, List them on Ebay or Etsy, and do this blog weekly. Keeps me busy.

This week I was experimenting with more Acrylic Pour Painting. I saw someone on Facebook who had poured onto an old metal outdoor table, and I knew we had two of them, so I asked permission to revitalize the rusty furniture with my abstract art. My daughter took a video of a little bit of the process, but the end result was nothing like what I had planned. I am not sure if I like them.




This one looks the same wet or dry. But does need varnish.

This one looked good when wet, but dried dull and ugly. I hope it will be okay when I varnish it in a week or so. I painted the legs and the edge with black spray paint enamel. That helped with the overall look.

Still not varnished. Waiting for them to "cure."





6 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fabulous Penny! Would you be able to maybe spray a light coat of something like fine glitter spray or shimmer spray to brighten them up before varnishing? Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was thinking! I just bought the glitter and I am going to add it to the varnish (or resin) in the final coat to see what that does. Great minds!

      Delete
  3. Your pours are fabulous. I like this technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and the resin should make it all pop!! Great colours too!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete