Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Expanding My Horizons

I usually paint more realistically and try to capture the essence of the photo I am using, or follow the directions in the Walter Foster book to learn a new technique, but this painting is a real departure for me. I call it "Expanding My Horizons" but it could also be called "Palette Scrapings" because that's what it is. I hate to throw away paint. And I had painted sunflowers and had all this lovely paint left that was about to harden up. Acrylics are like that. With water colors you just rewet and paint some more.

So I took a palette knife and some paint and a little canvas and this is what happened.
 Some people say it looks like a forest fire reflecting on a lake. Others think it's a sunset or sunrise.  I have no idea.  I just painted it and I had fun.  And I listed it at etsy.com so maybe it can be a profit thing too.  I like doing these abstracts because it is very freeing and working with the palette knife is very different.  But I like it.  Of course, I like it ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!