Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Large Round Saw Painting, Autumn Scene

This was a Super Bowl party gift to my friend Dave.  

It was one of the largest saw blade I had painted up to that time.  As Scott says, "It's a beauty!"

I really enjoyed doing this one and probably won't do it again, but every project is a learning experience.

Dorothy Dent is the only one I have found who gives you saw blade painting instructions.  She paints in oils, but I have only done them in acrylics. 

I varnish over them with 3 coats of liquid or spray varnish, and they probably would work outside, but I don't know how well with our Anza winters and the changes in temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!