Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Variety is the Spice of Life and Painting

Today was a day working on the computer. I do have another job actually, working on the internet for clients updating their web sites. As a writer, I also work on editing and submitting monthly newspaper articles for a Physical Therapist. I do wear many hats. Being versatile and having lots of interests and talents brings more to my art. It keeps me from getting stagnant.

Variety is the spice of life, and my life is very spicy. I like to paint every subject imaginable and it's hard for me to pick just one style or technique, so I keep trying them all. Maybe that's just my personality because it seems to spill over into the rest of my life as well. For example, I cannot make the same breakfast sandwich for Scott every day. I have to vary the bread between English muffins, whole wheat hamburger buns, and biscuits. Then it is either sausage or bacon, plus the egg and cheese. He insists on American cheese, so that variable is not a part of the equation. That means I can make six different sandwich varieties and there are seven days, so on the seventh day he gets cereal.

My next project will be a portrait of Scott from this photo, I think. He has a wonderful sense of humor, and this captures it quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!