Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nibblefest Art Contest, NFAC, Mar 2013 Entries

This month's theme for Nibblefest is Nursery Rhymes
My 3 Entries for March 2013 are listed below.
Bidding starts on EBAY at 99 cents for LOTS of great art.  Don't miss it.
B-I-N-G-O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350745642236?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649One of my favorites from my childhood was a little song we sang about a dog named Bingo.  Each time you sang the verse, you left out a letter so it became, ??? I N G O, etc.  This is my version of BINGO the Dog.  9 x 12 Acrylic on Masonite Board.  Original, not a print.

"LITTLE NANCY ETTICOAT"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACEO-Little-Nancy-Etticoat-Abstract-Painting-NFAC-Mar-2013-Acrylic-Orig-/350745644531?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item51aa11cdf3 ABSTRACT acrylic painting - size: ACEO, (2.5 x 3.5 inches) - represents a little rhyme that we used to chant called "Little Nancy Etticoat" which I did not know meant CANDLE until I was much older.  "Little Nancy Etticoat. In a white petticoat, And a red nose. The longer she stands. The shorter she grows."  I also did not know that the abstract I painted had a candle in it until after it was finished.  So it seemed to fit.

Watercolor ACEO, (2.5 x 3.5 inches) of a sleeping baby fits a couple of them:
"Hush Little Baby" and 
"Sleep, baby, sleep, Thy papa guards the sheep;
Thy mama shakes the dreamland tree, And from it fall sweet dreams for thee,
Sleep, baby, sleep."

More art starting at 99 cents from Nibblefest Art Contest for March 2013:



No comments:

Post a Comment