Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nibblefest Art Contest, NFAC, Mar 2013 Entries

This month's theme for Nibblefest is Nursery Rhymes
My 3 Entries for March 2013 are listed below.
Bidding starts on EBAY at 99 cents for LOTS of great art.  Don't miss it.
B-I-N-G-O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350745642236?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649One of my favorites from my childhood was a little song we sang about a dog named Bingo.  Each time you sang the verse, you left out a letter so it became, ??? I N G O, etc.  This is my version of BINGO the Dog.  9 x 12 Acrylic on Masonite Board.  Original, not a print.

"LITTLE NANCY ETTICOAT"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACEO-Little-Nancy-Etticoat-Abstract-Painting-NFAC-Mar-2013-Acrylic-Orig-/350745644531?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item51aa11cdf3 ABSTRACT acrylic painting - size: ACEO, (2.5 x 3.5 inches) - represents a little rhyme that we used to chant called "Little Nancy Etticoat" which I did not know meant CANDLE until I was much older.  "Little Nancy Etticoat. In a white petticoat, And a red nose. The longer she stands. The shorter she grows."  I also did not know that the abstract I painted had a candle in it until after it was finished.  So it seemed to fit.

Watercolor ACEO, (2.5 x 3.5 inches) of a sleeping baby fits a couple of them:
"Hush Little Baby" and 
"Sleep, baby, sleep, Thy papa guards the sheep;
Thy mama shakes the dreamland tree, And from it fall sweet dreams for thee,
Sleep, baby, sleep."

More art starting at 99 cents from Nibblefest Art Contest for March 2013:



No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!