Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fried Eggs In Pan: Acrylics on Metal Surface

Fried Eggs anyone? I really had fun painting this one. The aluminum pan was old and stained, so I painted it with a lovely shade of ultramarine blue and black, to resemble enamel ware, and I spattered it with white dots from a toothbrush.

I found several photos on the web of bacon and eggs and decided that would be the best thing to paint Trompe L'oeil (fool the eye) style. Sort of a yolk joke, but the joke was on me. I cannot paint bacon. Eggs, yes. Bacon, no. Maybe because I am a mostly vegetarian person. Bacon is from a pig, unless of course it's turkey bacon. Thus, after trying to paint bacon, I just painted over it. That's the beauty of acrylics. All mistakes can be painted over. Some of my canvases or masonite panels have four or more paintings under paintings that I have erased and started over. This one only has hidden bacon underneath the eggs.

This unusual piece sold at the antique/thrift/second hand store in Anza called "Twice Loved Treasures," where I had rented a space on the wall for two months before Christmas. The rent was $20 a month, and I sold this one "Frying Pan with Eggs" for $25 so I didn't even break even. So much for renting space in thrift shops to sell my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!