Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, September 29, 2017

To Resin or Not To Resin, PPF

These 6x6 Acrylic Pours on cradled wood panels all have clear resin poured on top. They are not perfect, a few bubbles here and there, and I even poured them twice. I love the look of resin, but I do not like the way it is so fussy. I cannot seem to get it right. So I am back to giving my artistic Acrylic Pours 2-3 coats of Minwax Varnish.

I repurposed, recycled an old clock that had stopped working. It is now a wall decoration.
It is 10 inches across, and I really like it - a very "fall" feel to it. Halloween maybe?


9 comments:

  1. Lovely art! I love the clock! Happy PPF! Wonderful! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pours, mine were nowhere near as good. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful their little art works!
    Happy weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh those pours are so lovely! I'd like to try a pour some day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really vibrant. Lovely work Penny. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pours are beautiful and personally I love the bubbles in them. I would also resin them. That is just me. Very nice each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vibrant artwork. I like the clock. I think it's great to up-cycle something that was ready for the bin into a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not familiar with this medium but your results are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous pours!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!