Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Raccoon Acrylic Painting goes to Julian

I think I have decided to take my acrylic painting of a baby raccoon to the Art Show and reception that our class is going to do in Julian on May 8 at Banner Queen Art Gallery. I like it best of all my paintings so far, and it took a long time to paint. I fiddled with it and played around with it forever.  The reason I chose to do a raccoon is that our class was doing wildlife and we watched a video that inspired me.

NOTE:  Did you know that there are painting shows on television every day?  I watch Bob Ross, Susan Schweewe and David Dunlop right now.  Go to www.createtv.com and see the current schedule.  It's a PBS station, and we get it even though we don't have cable, just an antenna.

Back to the Racoon:  My eyes are not that good so I at first thought he had 6 toes, but one of the toes was a knot on the tree, so I had to paint that out. That's the beauty of acrylics for me, never impossible to fix a mistake.

I guess he is Rocky the Raccoon, but that's not very original -- Any suggestions for a better title?

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cute racoon with just the right amount of shyness. haha I like it, and the colors are subtle but striking at the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. I visited your web site and really like the business cards you offer.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!