Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, August 1, 2014

"Candle Fire" 12x12 Acrylic on Gessobord, PPF

This week I am continuing to paint with Fluorescent Neon acrylics, but of course you cannot see the effects without a black light! Impasto technique, thick paint, applied with a palette knife.  Happy PPF!

Auction on DPW: "Candle Fire"
12x12 Acrylic on Gessobord

12x12 Candle Fire. Abstract Acrylic on Gessobord, painted for a challenge on DPW. I started painting an innocent candle for the challenge, but then the wind picked up and the flames started to get away from me, causing the room to erupt in a raging inferno, at least in my mind. Living in Southern California we are always aware of fire danger. Never leave a candle burning without watching it very carefully. In fact, I have electric candles, just to be safe.

3 comments:

  1. The rich, bright colors are just perfect for this beautiful painting. Penny, I couldn't get your link on PPF to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer, but thanks for the compliments. I will see if I can fix it now.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Faye...that's the word that occured immediately...rich and bright! It's Lovely!
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!