Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Abstract Painting En Plein Aire

Yesterday the Anza Valley Artists painted En Plein Air at Sylvia's house.  When I try to paint outside, the acrylics always dry so fast that I can't seem to create anything.  So it ends up as an abstract, impressionistic something or other.  Here's what happened during the 2 hour session this time.  I wound up using lots of vibrant colors from my palette so I wouldn't waste the paint.  Then I didn't like it so I added flowers, roses I think, and bows with Jo Sonja's Iridescent paints using lots and lots of Glaze Medium.  I prefer to use JS medium

I kind of like the painting, but I'm not sure, so I am going to take it to the Temecula Valley Artists group (TVAL) on Tuesday evening for a critique.  It's free and anyone is invited, members or not.  So come on down if you want to get some FREE advice on a particular painting you have done.  There is more information at their web site, http://www.temeculavalleyartleague.org.  This is an active group and if you are a member you can display art in their Gallery in Temecula.  I volunteered to update their website and also became Secretary at the last regular meeting.  I like being involved and networking.  There are classes and events going on there all the time.  Here's the Bows and Blooms, or Ribbons and Roses, I haven't decided on the name yet, or even if it's done.

2 comments:

  1. Penny: What a lovely picture. It looks like delicate ribbon flowers surrounded with veil ribbon slowly floating within and above them. It's a wonderful feeling to see this masterful art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your positive comments. At the Feedback Forum at TVAL they said I was like a femal Jackson Pollack. It sure was fun to paint this!

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!