Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

VIVID! Paths of Expression, An Art Exhibit at Pasadena City College

My daughter, Gina Fernandez, took a class at PCC on Portfolios and Gallery Presentation this summer, and the resulting art exhibit at PCC was impressive! Here I am on my way into the Gallery, taking note of her name printed on the window. I know how talented she is, but it's nice to see her getting recognition and exposure for her art.
The display covered one wall which she painted in a terracotta color with teal accents.  Perfect!  Humorous side note:  We both showed up wearing teal outfits.  Very reminiscent of the Mother/Daughter tea she attended when she was 7.  Anyway, here's the whole wall.


She is an accomplished Mixed Media Artist and uses collage extensively in her work.  The folding screen below is my favorite!  Wish I had room to display it in my 5th wheel!


She also does sculptures, working with unfired clay.  The pieces are fragile, so she wrapped them in bubble wrap, and the female figure looked better with the wrapping left on, so that's the way it ended up in the display.


And, of course, we cannot ignore the DRAGON from the Pasadena Chalk Festival which was a family project.  It won first prize in its category.


Gina has had a successful career as an interior designer, faux finisher, muralist, and now fine artist!  Congratulations, baby!  I knew you could do it.  You are my inspiration.   -- Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!