Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28: Fruit on a Plate

Day 28 of 30 in 30
"Fruit on a Plate"
7x5 Acrylic on 140# WC paper

This one is my attempt at loosening up a bit.  I purchased a painting from Dolores Holt and have been studying the strokes in her piece to inspire me to be less detailed.  She paints with acrylics but gets an oil painterly look.  That's what I am going for.  I get sick using oils, so maybe I can achieve a similar end result with acrylics.  Robert Burridge's DVDs are also great for loosening up, but maybe a little too loose for me.  LOL.

Another painting for today:  
3 Apples:  8x10, Acrylic on Canvas board


Only two more paintings in this challenge and then on to finishing 100 blocks for Artomat.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks really great! I just tried my first still life in YEARS recently. It was pretty rough since I am so used to portraits.

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!