Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 27: Peaceful Pig

Day 27 of 30 paintings in 30 days, Jan 2014
"Peaceful Pig" 
8x8 Acrylic on wood panel with 3/4 inch sides

Another NON-Food painting.  Well, we know he will not be bacon because he is at the Ironwood Pig Sanctuary and seems downright happy and spiritual.  I found that after painting a bunch of pigs for auction to raise money for the pig rescue organizations last year, I became a vegan.  Looking into an animal's eyes gives you a glimpse into their soul, and this guy just speaks to me!  I had to paint him.   Tomorrow back to food paintings.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this pig! I had no idea there was such a thing as a pig rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable face, wow! He does look happy! And hooray for a pig rescue organization. The treatment of pigs and cattle in the U.S. is horrifying and criminal, but most people choose not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane, and Cindy. Ironwoodpigs.org is my favorite organization that rescues potbellied pigs.

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!