Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Reptiles, Toad in the Road and Iguana, plus Abstract PPF

It has been a fun week for me in my painting world. I might call it "Reptile Week:  Unusual Pet Portraits," since I painted two really odd critters. 

Here is My Iguana, which I call  "Here Lizard, Lizard."
Painted from a photo by Hazel Lewry on Reference Photos for Artists.
9x12 Mixed Media, Watercolor (Brusho), pen and ink, gouache and acrylic on heavy paper. These are my first amphibious reptilians. LOL.

"Toad in the Road" was painted for a challenge on PaintMyPhoto.ning.com. It had to be a photo from their site, and the title had to rhyme. I was going to paint a frog on a log, but the toads were more interesting. Acrylic on canvas board 11x14.

"Bold and Bright" Abstract Landscape, beautiful luminous colors using Brusho and Bleach. I like the purple mat because it sets off the mountains in the background. Done on 140# watercolor cold press paper.

Jinx the Orange Tabby Cat. 5x5 Illustration, Watercolor and Pen. 
This was a commission for a Christmas Gift, so it is SOLD. It was done from a really tiny photo, but I guess it looks enough like the actual cat to please the owner.

I plan on doing more watercolor and pen sketches like these because they are so much FUN. And the buyer wants me to paint another one after the 1st of the year. 2015 will be a banner year!




29 comments:

  1. Nice artwork, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/12/feline-art-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work ! Very nice iguana and love the bright and bold abstract!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Giggles. I love all styles of are, well almost all. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work as always, just love what you make! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm in LOVE!!!!! Your iguana is SUPERB! Well, ya know I am biased towards reptiles...Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have guessed that you were partial to reptiles, LOL. Thanks, Geckostone.

      Delete
  5. fantastic collection of art! I love the abstract with its vibrant colors and the details in your others are incredible. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I just discovered that I was chosen for the PPF header this month. What a treat! Now I know why I got so many comments this week. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I love the way you use color! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pieces- the favorite is the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your critter paintings especially your colorful lizard. Happy PPF! Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful paintings. I have two favorites--your cat and the lizard. With the cat portrait, the loose ink lines are energized and bring her to life (love the style). The color and detail with the lizard is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kae. The cat was easy to paint, the lizard, no so much.

      Delete
  10. So many fun creatures! Love those colors in the iguana particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, great texture on the Iguana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christine!! Thank you. He is my first, and probably last iguana portrait. LOL.

      Delete
  12. WOnderful art works...different and lively!
    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, beautiful, beautiful work! Just gorgeous. LOVE the watercolor and pen cat... and the abstract landscape... really all of them!! The texture on the iguana is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. really love that loose style in the cat! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I am a loose woman (painter that is).

      Delete
    2. I LOVE the sketch & painting of Jinx!! ALSO love the iguana. I'm going to start following your blog!
      TFS
      Grandma Nancy from central IL

      Delete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!