Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Monet, Sunflowers and ACEOs for PPF

From Monet to Bull Elk, it was a busy week!

ACEOs for 30/30 this week had a TIME theme, Sleeping, clocks, and sunrises, due to Daylight Saving Time starting on Sunday. Here are my little 2.5 x 3.5 inch watercolor and pen and ink sketches using the theme. I always like to have a little push to make something, a theme or challenge or reference photo. The reference photos for these were found on paintmyphoto.ning.com. They are for sale in my Ebay Store.


 


Claude Monet painted a Sunflower Bouquet in a Vase, and my WC class this week was painting the Masters, so, since I love painting flowers, I did this one in watercolor, 9x12 on 140# cold press paper. 
and I also did an ACEO on hot press, very fast and loose.
Here is the reference photo I used of Monet's painting. 
The purpose was not to duplicate the original, only to give the "impression" of the impressionist artwork, using watercolor whereas he used oils. It was great fun and I think I will do more "Masters" paintings. It was totally different from how I usually use WC so I learned a lot.

And the challenge on Artist Reference Photos for March included a photo of a Bull Moose by Chuck Rondeau. Here is my version of it. 8x10 watercolor on hot press paper. For sale on DPW auction. I have never painted an elk before.

And last, but not least, a challenge on Facebook to paint a very colorful bird, a Lilac Breasted Roller, photo by Chris Allsebrook. Here is my interpretation, 5x7 watercolor, pen and ink on 140# hot press paper. For sale on Daily PaintWorks. I like the way this one turned out.



14 comments:

  1. wow- these painting are all gorgeous Penny!! I think if I really had to pick I'd choose that sweet colorful bird as my favorite, although the sunflowers painting is just stunning. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I think those are my favorites too.

      Delete
  2. I adore all of your paintings - but especially the birdie. Happy PPF !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Penny. Love them all! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Penny...love them all so much!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful - I love your detailed drawings. Love all the animals - but the bird "caught" me - such a sweet painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art cards - especially the clock and the adorable pig! Lovely work on the sunflowers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. The sunflowers were the most work! Especially the large one.

      Delete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!