Hopefully this blog will inspire you to have confidence in your creative abilities and give you courage to learn and try new things. Try something NEW. It could be just what you need to make you a better artist, or a better person.

Friday, February 21, 2020

Watercolor sketching with Pen and Ink, PPF

ACEO Artist Sketch Cards, Miniature Painting
Watercolor and Pen, Line and Wash, 2.5 x 3.5 inches
Available for purchase in my EBAY store. 

The Open Door

Robin Red Breast

Two Red Macaws: Birds of a Feather

I have been doing more Crochet than painting lately. Recently I got back into using pen and ink with watercolor and I remembered how much I enjoy this style of loose painting.  I first sketch in pencil, then use a fine point permanent ink pen or marker, and finally add watercolor washes and if needed more liner work.  Very satisfying, relaxing and quick to do. 

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures these are, fascinating!
    Have a beautiful Weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are so lovely - really lovely colours on the Macaws! Happy PPF from No 19 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, and drawing/watercolor are things I can no longer do. I especially like your robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply gorgeous. Getting the parrot's face looking straight on is excellent. Thanks for sharing our process too. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny :) Your watercolours are so nice, I love the macaws!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. wooden ink pens

    ReplyDelete

More doodle art ACEO cards.

For sale in my Ebay store It seems to be working, doodling and lettering every day, and my Mojo has returned!